Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fun Times in Camazotz

If your definition of "fun" consists of getting loads upon loads of dud prize tickets, anyway. But more on that later.

To start with, I did play a little more in Camazotz last night. Nothing overly major happened, though - it was mostly watering flowers and catching some bugs for the museum (getting a giant stag took almost all night). Which leads into today's update....

As I mentioned in the first Camazotz update, Danielle finished paying off the down payment last night. Today her house was finished, and looks rather nice if I do say so myself. I don't have a distinct plan for it just yet; we'll see where it goes from there.

And here's what it looks like on the inside (after Isabelle came in with the gift of paw-print wallpaper). A bit cramped, don't you think? That's why Danielle took pains to upgrade it again today.

In case you're wondering, the insect is a mosquito. I don't really know why I decided to keep it, but it's really not hurting anything.

Afterwards, Danielle took a run around Camazotz watering flowers, digging up stuff, and other things that would soon be routine. In the meantime, she would find that the tree planted certainly grew fast. Such rapid growth won't be common in the future, however.

As with Mabure Isabelle and Redd were in the plaza long before the fireworks show was ready to start. To Danielle's annoyance this meant she couldn't use the town hall and therefore change the town tune. Why isn't the mayor allowed to work on holidays, anyway? I'm the mayor! I should be able to work if I dang well want to! Moving on.

Knowing that someone would be staking out a plot today I strongly considered plot resetting for a good spot, but decided against it. Besides the fact that I'm not quite used to Camazotz enough to know exactly where everything is going to go, it'd be more natural to let the initial four move-ins choose their own positions. It's not like I have anything valuable growing around at this point, anyway.

I'm glad I didn't, as it turns out Camazotz's next resident is to be Shari. I actually know who that is - she's one of the villagers in Palette, and quite possibly my favorite villager from that town at that. So I'm very happy to see she'll be living in Camazotz.

Danielle also got to visit a few of the other villager's houses. Clay's got something of a desert theme for his home. My initial thought was "Wild West," but looking at it now it's more a generic desert theme. If nothing else there's no cacti (not all deserts have cacti, believe it or not - in fact, I believe only American deserts do).

Freckles apparently lives in a bathroom. I know ducks like water, but I'd imagine they'd choose something...less likely to be decidedly unsanitary. But if Freckles is fine with it then whatever.

After doing the daily shopping and selling some items she had gathered last night, Danielle got enough money to pay off the second loan. Shortly afterwards she made arrangements for the next expansion of her house.

Soon after that, she got the animals out of tutorial mode and a few animals wanted to talk to her on their own accord. Merengue, for example, wanted Danielle to come up with a greeting. The greeting chosen was "sugarcane," mostly because I couldn't come up with anything better. T-Bone also came up with the name "Youngin" for her, but Danielle decided she preferred being called "Danielle."

Sometime later Danielle made another trip to Mabure to pick up some things Avril wanted to give her. Unlike last time, I remembered to take a picture this time:
The items were bamboo flooring and wallpaper, a yellow ribbon, a pair of mary janes, the songs Forest Life and K.K. Dirge, and most notably a garbage can. Since I don't want to make Camazotz a beautiful town like Mabure and also don't want to pay Re-tail a fee every time Danielle fishes up garbage she needed a trash can, and after it took a Streetpass hit for Avril to finally obtain one I wasn't in the mood to wait for the Nooklings to obtain one.

Besides this, she bought the rococo lamp I mentioned last post and got her hair styled one more time since I thought her current hair color was a little too bright.

Before she departed back to Camazotz, Danielle had her picture taken with Avril. This is also a good time to show off her new hair color; while it's not quite what I was aiming for, I really like how it turned out and am happy with it for now.

Before I decided to take a break, Freckles decided she wanted a new greeting too. Again I ran out of ideas and went with the pictured phrase. It's going to be a bit odd if Eugune moves in the future (which I wouldn't mind; I'll happily have him in Mabure if I can't get Marina).

When I turned the game on again, it was time for the Fireworks Show.
Before doing anything related to the fireworks festival I thought about how the animals would eventually start wearing the Anytown designs. While Merengue and Shari would probably look good in the "shirt" design, I decided I'd rather not have the Anytown designs catch on and replaced them with umbrellas that the animals wouldn't try to use. Unlike when I did this in Mabure, I had Danielle save the Anytown designs among her patterns. If I need those slots later on they'll be given to Mabel for storage.


Once that was done with, it was time to take a look at the fireworks, and they were certainly very pretty. 

And one more shot with Isabelle and Redd because why not. If only Danielle could dance....

She got no time to rest before mosquitoes came in and tried ruining the fun. I really, really, really hate mosquitoes, both in Animal Crossing and in real life. In Animal Crossing you can't do a dang thing at night without them baying for your blood. They don't even try and bite your villagers; apparently only human blood will do for them. They interrupt your fishing, they get in the way when you try and talk to your villagers, and they aren't worth much to boot. And I'll have to put up with them until November. Joy of joys. 

Mosquitoes aside, there was still some fun to be had. Isabelle presented Danielle with some bulb boppers (that Danielle didn't wear since she liked her ribbon better) and a fountain firework. 

After setting that one off, Danielle pulled out and set off another one, having bought one during the earlier visit to Mabure. Come to think of it I probably should have tried to set both of them off at the same time for the sake of taking a better picture. 

That trash can she got from Mabure got put to use for chucking the used fireworks, then she finally spoke to Redd.

Today he was selling Redd's cookies with the potential for some wonderful prizes. Danielle decided to try them out and bought one. It would be the first of many. 

That first cookie got her a pow prize ticket. When she turned it in....

She got a device called a "love tester." Since that one got her something, she decided to try again....

...only to find that not all cookies were winners. It wouldn't be Redd without the chance of getting something worthless, now wouldn't it? Just look at his usual shtick (I get into that when it comes up...). 

She got a roman candle out of the deal, however, so it wasn't all bad. 

So began a long night of gorging on Redd's cookies and trying to get all the prizes she could. She managed to succeed...but it took a long while and many, many, many dud and repeats. She finally obtained one of every prize two hours later, which felt like two hours too long. 

I meant to take a picture of every prize ticket and their corresponding item, but I got too carried away with the B-button and wound up skipping a few of the prompts before I could take a picture, and by the end of the whole deal my 3DS XL was running low on battery and I just wanted to get it over with. So here's the most notable item: the lovely phone, which I covered in today's Mabure update. 
 Why the lovely phone is given out here when it doesn't fit with the other seven prizes thematically is beyond me, but whatever. It could have been more annoying to obtain, but this way is fine with me.

Despite the fact that all those cookies gave her a bad stomachache, Danielle still had it in her to take one final look at the fireworks and talk to everyone outside about them.

T-Bone felt the need to tell Danielle she should probably take a break, which considering what she had just been doing was sound advice, but she wanted his comment about the fireworks. 

Merengue and Freckles both had roughly the same opinion about the fireworks show, but phrased it differently. Clay and Goose, meanwhile, decided to stay indoors (I wouldn't be surprised if Clay was sleeping at this point, actually).

She watched the fireworks show for a little longer before turning in. Despite the frustration (and stomachache) getting all those prizes caused, it was still a worthy first event and a nice welcome to life as Camazotz's mayor.

Before ending things off, here's one final look at Danielle's house after some rearranging:

Until the next one, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment