Saturday, August 16, 2014

Tales of Two Towns

So I'm an avid Animal Crossing player who likes to record what he does in his game, yet had nowhere to actually put this stuff down. So I decided to make a blog about it. Simple enough story, right?

I used to play Wild World a long time ago, but for one reason or the other stopped and didn't pay much attention to the series up until I decided to watch Chuggaconroy's Let's Play of New Leaf. It was enough to make me remember how much fun I had with Wild World, and so I picked up New Leaf about two months ago and started anew. It quickly became my favorite 3DS game. 

I think that's enough of a backstory. So what do I plan on doing with this blog now that I have it? As I just said, I'm mostly going to record everything that goes on in my game. Or games, rather. You see, I plan on covering not one, but two towns here. 

The first town is Mabure, which is my main town. It's already fairly established (among other things, it has perfect town status), but there is enough remaining for some interesting stories to be told, and plus I'm fairly attached to it. Its name comes from a town in Chrono Cross, which I believe is a monster town (having never played the game and not even knowing much about it beyond listening to its soundtrack, I might be wrong here). The in-game animals (usually) aren't monsters, but I decided it fit. 

The second town is titled Camazotz (after a planet from A Wrinkle in Time, though hopefully it'll be a nicer place than that was), and is made specifically for this blog. Since Mabure was established long before I came up with the idea, I decided to grab a second copy of New Leaf (along with a 3DS XL) so I could document the development of a brand-new town and hopefully make things more interesting for blog readers. 

Besides chronicling my towns, I'll also keep an eye on the general AC community and post something here if anything interesting comes up. As of this writing I've only just started so there's nothing to report, but that's very likely to change sometime in the future. 

One last thing: Despite my in-game characters all being girls, I am very much a male (a decidedly feminine male, but still a male). I just prefer playing as a female when given the option. I don't actually think of my in-game character actually being me like some people do; I see it more as a role-playing thing (hence why I have a tendency to name my characters after characters in the stories I write). 

I think I've said everything that's needed to be said. Please excuse the dust; the blog is very much a WIP in case you haven't noticed. I'm hoping to clean it up a bit as time goes on. I hope it'll all be somewhat enjoyable nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment