Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Hippo Birthday

And now onto the Mabure update.

As I said in the first Mabure update, I plan on rotating between my three Mabure characters for updates about the town. Today is Nagako's turn. She's named after a character of mine, and as such she's mostly themed around said character (although her AC self really helped develop the version of her that actually appears in a story).

As the character's Japanese I tried my best to make sure she looked the part. Same goes for her house (although right now I'd say it's probably more generally Asian themed). She's also quite the bug lover, so she also has quite a bit of the insect series.

Now for the main event: Today is Rocco's birthday. Avril already paid him a visit and gave him a gift, although that happened off camera. The reason I'm recording Nagako's visit is not just because it's her turn for the update; Rocco's a strong contender for the title of Nagako's best friend, and since her own birthday is coming up this Wednesday I figured it'd be best for her to return the favor to Rocco.

After buying some wrapping paper for her gift Nagako made her way to Rocco's place. He greeted her as soon as she entered, expressing his happiness that she chose to come. Now that there's a party going on, there's only one thing to do....

Everybody dance now! I love the Shrunk Funk Shuffle.

Nagako didn't dance for too awful long; she had a gift to give, after all. I didn't manage to take a picture of the gift in question, but she gave Rocco a sword. As you can see, he really liked it. Here's hoping he'll be trustworthy with that thing.

 Also present was Eloise. Interestingly enough, when Avril dropped by Rocco's other guest was Wendy. I'm guessing this means Rocco has two best friends, which means he's doing pretty well for himself. Although Eloise was also here when Rosaline visited, so maybe that means Eloise is closer to him than Wendy. Who knows?

Either way, Nagako stayed around for a little while, getting down with her bad self and occasionally chatting with Rocco and Eloise. Sadly, she couldn't stay for the whole time (if nothing else, this was played out before I had the chance to get some shut-eye).

Rocco thanked her for the gift, and that was that. No more villagers have a birthday this month, so it'll probably be a while before I get to cover another one.

The next update is for Rosaline, and incidentally I have just the thing for then. That'll be tomorrow, however. Also, Camazotz is likely going to get another newcomer tomorrow (I forgot to mention that no one else decided to move in during the update today), so there's that.

Until the next one, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment