Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Path to the Development Permit

Not a whole lot happened in Camazotz today, but I might as well say something about it.

Before I started snapping pictures Danielle received two letters; one was from Clay thanking her for visiting him yesterday and one was from her mother. Both had gifts, although I don't remember what they were off the top of my head.

Now that Shari's properly settled it's time for a newcomer, and this time it's someone called Tiffany. I don't know who that is, though the name does sound somewhat familiar. I'm at least guessing she's a snooty villager as Camazotz doesn't have one of those yet. I'd prefer to remain unspoiled about it; I'll see for myself tomorrow.

Now onto the daily routine of watering flowers, digging up fossils and pitfalls, and talking to other villagers. Goose today felt the need to give Danielle a paw tee. Given that almost everyone else is currently thinking of her as some kind of errand girl, it's a nice change of pace (although Danielle doesn't look so amused in the picture).

And as it turned out I completely failed to notice her house's new exterior until I walked past it a second time. I have to admit I completely forgot about that.

Speaking of renovations, Nook's had a fancy fence on display and Danielle decided to go for it. It'd fit well with her home's exterior walls. Guess her theme's going to be "fancy."

Nookling's items today included this game shelf, complete with Nintendo Gamecube. Danielle didn't actually buy this; I just thought it was interesting.

She did buy this gray tartan skirt as I thought it was pretty. The Able Sisters also had T-Bone's default shirt on display, although since I don't like T-Bone I didn't bother with it.

After the daily shopping was done, Danielle went around and talked to the animals. Goose forgot something over at Merengue's house and Merengue asked her to return it.

It didn't take long to find Goose again and give him the item. As it turned out, he didn't even remember losing something. I didn't take a picture of what it was, and I forget what it was. I think it was furniture of some kind.

Goose gave her one weird item in return. Is there something you're not telling me, Goose?

 Merengue reacted to Goose's forgetfulness with Animal Crossing's equivalent to a facepalm. An appropriate reaction, I think (it's even more appropriate when the receiver winds up ordering another of the same item and tries to sell it to you. I hate it when that happens).

Freckles was the one craving fruit today. This is what I mean by Danielle becoming the local errand girl. One would think your animals would be a little more respectful towards the mayor. Danielle's a nice girl though and agreed to it.

She went back home to fetch a pear, and while she was it took a look at the skeleton Goose gave her. Not certain if Danielle will ever use this thing, but there you go.

Freckles enjoyed the pear quite a bit and happily chomped it down.

In return, she gave Danielle a table lamp.

With no other obligations to fulfill, Danielle went and visited Shari's house after the monkey had returned home. While K.K. Oasis is playing in the background, the dominant theme here simply appears to be the Cabana series. Not a huge fan of that series, but I'm not one to pick on other people's fashion sense.

Amazingly, Shari didn't have something for Danielle to do (although she did just move here). Instead she commented on the reserved plot. Either way, I can agree with that sentiment as I have no idea who Tiffany is. 

Finally, after putting it off for a while, Danielle went and talked to T-Bone. He invited her to his house. As much as I don't like T-Bone, I was going to accept just to get Danielle's approval rating up...but I accidentally hit the B button and turned him down.

Speaking of the approval rating, I ended off this update by going to the town hall and seeing how far along Danielle was for getting her town development permit.

She had a house already, so that's over and done with. At the time of this update, she had a 50% approval rating. Well, it's better than Avril's when she first checked, but she still had a way to go before getting the needed 100% approval rating (despite that such a thing would be very unfeasible in reality).

As it turned out, Tortimer kept his word about the boat to the island, and Danielle is free to visit any time she likes. I'll save this for a future update, however. I didn't feel like doing it today.

And that's all for this update. Next time in Camazotz we'll see just who the heck Tiffany is, and maybe get that 100% approval rating. Also talk to Clay, as it appears I completely forgot about him today. Until the next one, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment