Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The End of a World

So Camazotz managed to unlock Club LOL, Kicks, and the museum's second floor, with the former two in the process of being being built. Unfortunately for the town, all this wasn't enough to make me want to stick with it.

Yes, I decided to reset. I just wasn't happy with the town or its villagers overall. Of its nine initial villagers, I only really liked two: Shari and Keaton. Everyone else I either didn't care for or outright disliked. In Merengue's case, it honestly felt like the sole reason I was keeping her around was as a "trophy" villager just so I could claim to have one of the uber-popular ones. On top of that, the houses were arranged a bit oddly. I'd like to have their houses scattered around more or less evenly, like it is in Mabure. As it stood, half of them were clumped together with the rest scattered out to the four winds.

The town probably was salvageable, but ultimately it was something I didn't have the patience for. So I had Danielle say her goodbyes and grant whatever final requests she could, then had her lug everything Avril gave her back to Mabure. After that, Camazotz was no more. As much as I was determined go through with it...it was still sad to see it go.

So is the end of a second town on this blog? Not quite. If you reset, that implies you're starting over with a fresh town, and I intend on doing just that. While I haven't decided on a name for this new town or for its to-be mayor, it will share the town song and overall theme with Camazotz. I'm also probably going to time travel through the early parts of this town until it was about where Camazotz left off (I don't have the patience to wait for another two weeks to get it off the ground).

We'll see what this new town has in store, but until then here's the last bunch of pictures I took of Camazotz. Even though the town's gone forever, its memory will live on in the archives of this blog.

Until the next one, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment